CinemAsia strives for an accurate representation of Asian Culture in the Netherlands through film. CinemAsia organizes numerous high quality and accessible film activities for the Dutch public and film professionals with as highlight CinemAsia Film Festival. CinemAsia does not only focus on culture and entertainment but also serves as a platform for Asian filmmakers. Therefore CinemAsia stimulates Dutch-Asian Film Makers to tell their own stories through film in its annual FilmLAB program. The 11th edition of CinemAsia Film Festival will take place in March 2018 in Amsterdam.
The Festival Director is a true cultural entrepreneur working alongside the Artistic Director on the execution of the long term strategy and sustainable growth of the festival. He or she is responsible for the daily operation of the activities of the foundation.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Utilizing limited resources to the most productive uses with the aim of creating maximum value
- High level planning
- Fundraising and sponsoring
- Maintain and establish liaisons with (prospect) stakeholders
- Preparation of evaluation and financial reports for board and funds.
- Budget monitoring and control
- Developing and cascading the strategy/mission statement to the rest of the staff.
- Composition of the team and Day to day management of the staff.
- Entrepreneurial at heart
- Natural leader and demonstrated experience in leadership positions.
- Strong social and communicative skills
- High feeling of responsibility
- Team player with a positive, flexible, “can do” attitude
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Proven track-record in building positive and professional relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Dutch & English language proficiency. Candidates must speak, read, write, and understand Dutch & English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel, power point).
- Affinity with Asia and/or Asian cinema is preferred.
- Candidates must own a laptop with the Microsoft Office Suite.
This is a part-time position of 1-2 days per week growing to full time in the weeks before the festival. Working hours are flexible. The position is on free-lance basis and remuneration is to be discussed.
How to apply?
For questions about the job specification, please contact Doris Yeung, Chair of the Board, email@example.com
Send your Motivation, a high-level 90 day plan and CV before 3 July 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org