Festival Coordinator CinemAsia Film Festival – Freelance
Are you passionate about Asian cinema and do you hold Asian communities close to your heart? Do you aim to provide the audience of the CinemAsia Film Festival with an unforgettable experience and ensure the smooth operation of the festival? CinemAsia Film Festival is searching for a Festival Coordinator for the 16th edition of the festival, taking place from March 5th to 10th, 2024.
Who are we?
CinemAsia Film Festival offers the best of Asian Cinema in the Netherlands since 2004. The annual festival will celebrate its sixteenth edition in March 2024. The festival showcases the latest of Asian cinema, diaspora productions, hosts community workshops and in-depth side programming. On the weekends our audience can enjoy food and film with our Food Bazaar.
What will you be doing?
As a Festival Coordinator, you will work closely with the zakelijk leider (business leader) to coordinate all aspects of the main festival, On Tour, and side programs.
- On-site coordination during the festival.
- Liaising with vendors and partners.
- Attending team meetings.
Start: September 15
September – December 2023: 1 day a week, Jan-March 2024: 2-3 days a week and full time during the festival March 5-10 and during the On Tour.
Who are you?
- You have experience in organizing a festival
- You love Asian cinema
- You are flexible
- You have a hands-on and stress-resistant mentality
- Your English language skills are excellent, preferably you speak at least one other Asian language or Dutch as well.
- You are an easy communicator
- You know how to maintain an overview
- You think in a problem-solving manner
- After hours aren’t a problem for you
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to work at one of the largest Asian (film) festivals in Europe
- Work within a motivated and diverse team
- Networking opportunities
- Team bbq/picnic
- The chance to watch the latest and extraordinary Asian films for free
We are looking forward to receiving your motivation letter and resume! Please email Doris Yeung (Executive director) – email@example.com to make yourself known. In case of questions, feel free to reach out.