Interns CinemAsia Film Festival 2023/24
Do you have a love for Asian cinema and do you hold a special place for Asian communities in your heart? Do you have a passion for organizing cultural events and do you want to provide the audience of the CinemAsia Film Festival with an unforgettable experience? The CinemAsia Film Festival is looking for interns (various positions) for the 16th edition of the festival, taking place from March 5th to 10th, 2024.
Who are we?
CinemAsia Film Festival offers the best of Asian Cinema in the Netherlands since 2004. The annual festival will celebrate its sixteenth edition in March 2024. The festival showcases the latest of Asian cinema, diaspora productions, hosts community workshops and in-depth side programming. On the weekends our audience can enjoy food and film with our Food Bazaar.
What will you be doing?
As an intern at the CinemAsia Film Festival, you’ll have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in various aspects of organizing a film festival. You’ll collaborate with an enthusiastic team of professionals and passionate individuals dedicated to the festival’s success.
We are looking for interns to join the following departments:
- Marketing & communications
- Guest & hospitality
Your tasks may include:
- Supporting in coordinating film screenings, workshops, panels, and special programs.
- Contributing to marketing and promotional efforts to expand the festival’s reach.
- Assisting in managing guests and participants, including communication and logistics.
- Contributing to the overall success of the festival through creative ideas and collaboration.
The internship period runs from September 2023 to March 2024 and includes the 16th CinemAsia Film Festival taking place from March 5th to 10th, 2024.
Who are you?
- Currently studying/have graduated from a relevant (marketing/media/film/culture/event management, etc.) Hbo or university program.
- You love Asian cinema
- Able to work independently
- Your English language skills are excellent, preferably you speak at least one other Asian language or Dutch as well.
- After hours aren’t a problem for you
What do we offer?
- Appropriate internship compensation will be provided
- Opportunity to earn credits for school in consultation with your study department
- Valuable experience in the film festival/events industry
- The opportunity to work at one of the largest Asian (film) festivals in Europe
- Networking opportunities
- Team bbq/picnic
- The chance to watch the latest and extraordinary Asian films for free
We are looking forward to receiving your motivation letter and resume! Please email Doris Yeung (Executive director) – firstname.lastname@example.org to make yourself known. In case of questions, feel free to reach out.