5 – 10 March 2024 (plus +/- 8 hours per week as of February 2024)
Are you keen on meeting Asian filmmakers and do you have a warm and open personality? CinemAsia Film Festival is looking for a Technical Manager.
Who are we?
CinemAsia Film Festival offers the best of Asian Cinema in the Netherlands since 2004. The annual festival will celebrate its sixteenth edition in March 2024 and will continue with their On-Tour at 3-4 locations in May (tbd in Rotterdam, Nijmegen, Den Haag, Groningen).
What will you be doing?
The Technical Manager oversees the operations of Studio/K, Rialto de Pijp and Rialto VU’s technical department, which is responsible for all cinema projection, audio/visual tech at side events, as well as overall festival production logistics. This might extend to other locations for the On-Tour depending on your availability. You will be working closely together with the programming- and production team.
You are responsible for:
- Film media management including formats, shipments and quality control.
- Converting featured films to DCP’s
- Creating DCP’s with slides for advertising
- Assist festival team with operational needs for the program.
- Partner with the producer and programmers to organize the technical aspects of the film festival including coordination of technical needs at festival venues.
- Ensure all equipment needed for Q&A sessions and panels is there.
- Lead on technical checks for all film and A/V media.
- On-site film media management including partnering with venues to manage film formats/media content and quality control.
- On-site festival technical support including video interviews.
- Other related duties as assigned.
You are available on a daily basis during the festival (5-10 March), 8 hours per week in the months leading up to the festival starting in January and possibly,on the On-Tour dates which will be mostly in May.
Who are you?
- Your Dutch and English language skills are excellent
- You are an easy communicator
- You love Asian cinema
- You are a punctual person
- After hours are not a problem for you
- At least 18 years of age
- You have Film festival experience and a strong technical background. Preferred experience: video editing, audio/visual
- You have knowledge of film projection. Understanding of Zoom or similar video conferencing platform.
- You have attention to detail.
- Self-motivated: ability to work well independently and take initiative for tasks.
- You have a positive attitude and persistence in all team efforts.
- You are able to multitask, prioritize effectively, problem solve and organize workload efficiently.
What do we offer?
- A highly motivated and diverse team
- Free movies during the festival (when you are not at work)
- Remuneration: €1800-€2000 ex VAT depending on availability and previous experience
- The chance to watch the latest and extraordinary Asian films for free
We are looking forward to receiving your motivation letter and resume! Please e-mail Yuki Gomez – firstname.lastname@example.org to make yourself known. In case of questions, feel free to reach out.